Aiming to be a company even with no experience in the industry can find a joy
- MGR,Manufacturing Sect., Production Management Dept.
- Mitsuru Ishii
- Please tell us your name, enrolled department, your title or your personality too.
- My name is Ishii and I am a manager of the manufacturing section in the production management department.
I like to drink shochu at home and drinking with a dinner after work is my daily routine.
- What position you are assigned in your company?
- It has been twenty-four years since I have joined the company. The first company I have joined right after graduation from the high school.
In the department called “the manufacturing section of the production management department,” I have my team in the department that focuses on actually running the machines and making products.
- Twenty-four years is a very long time. What becomes motivation which makes you to work for such a long time?
- When I joined the company at first, I still cannot forget the excitement I felt when I attached an aluminum material (cylinder) to the machine and put it into operation, and it came out shaved into a completely different shape. Nowadays, I look at the drawings and imagine the finished product, but there are still many times when I am surprised and impressed by the deliverables.
- And a big thing is also that our employees are friendly and thoughtful. Of course, there are a lot of new changes in the company, and our vice president has a big vision, but even though the awareness has increased, I think it is good that the basic corporate culture remains the same. I have been always feeling that this is a company where the executives take very good care of their employees.
The sales team has built a solid extroverted relationship of trust and the manufacturing team has been responding to the requests from outside of the company. I think that the internal cooperative system and trust within this company is very strong. It seems that our customers also feel this and we are often get compliments.
- With all story you said, how do you feel what kind of company you would like to make in the future?
- Joining a company with interests in this business is a legitimate reason for applying in a sense, but I would like to make the company the place where even if you have no experience in the industry, you will find joys and motivation and it make them to work for a long time.
We are planning to build a new plant in the land right next to our factory, so we will be adding new equipment, and I would like to take on challenges that we have never been able to do before in a positive manner. I would like to improve a good image of this industry by introducing new equipment that will make people think, "Are you a small or medium-sized company?”
Even if people don't know anything about this industry, I would be happy if they can know something through our work like a key opening the door to find our industry, or if they could be involved in some way even they are in another industry, and they can realize the essential attractiveness and then join our company by the things.
- I think the number of young employees is actually increasing, is there anything you feel about it?
- I feel that many of them are strong-minded and positive. I see it on what they say and from their behaviors, and at the same time, they make me feel like “I cannot stop keeping up.” I think we are able to work together with absorbing each other.
- I feel that it would be great if we could improve both ourselves and the company by working together with all employees, always being eager to learn.